A great feature of WebStorage for Team is its complete collaboration function, which is highly convenient, necessary, and realistic for any small team. How to set up and use the share mode and collaboration of WebStorage for Team is introduced hereafter.
The share mode of WebStorage for Team has two functions, Public share and Collaboration, while Collaboration provides a Team Folder and a Collaboration Folder.
1. After login, all the files and folders are displayed as the icons on the right side on the screen as below for sharing setting.
2. Sharing setting provides four options: Disabled share link, Public share, Co-editing, and Publish mode. Pull them to start sharing setting. After a share mode is selected, the use status of the mode will be shown on the right side on the screen. Public share, Co-editing, and Publish mode are respectively introduced hereafter.
• Public share
Public share shares web links to enable information sharing by downloading information from the shared links, but the shared information cannot be edited or uploaded.
How to set up and use Public share
1. The default sharing setting is Disabled share link. Pull the share mode to select Public share to show a URL, which can be copied and sent to others for sharing.
2. On the lower right side of sharing setting, there is a gear wheel icon to be tapped to proceed with advanced sharing setting, i.e., expiration date and password setup. There are six expiration date options: Customized setting, never expire, one hour, one day, one week, and one month.
WebStorage for Team has a Team Folder and a Collaboration Folder for collaboration.
The differences between Team Folder and Collaboration Folder are:
Team Folder is used only by team members, who are able to read and edit data in the folder as well as upload data to and download data from the folder. The folder size and levels of user authorization for team members to access the folder are set up by the folder administrator.
Collaboration Folder is accessible to both team members and outsiders who are invited by team members, but outsiders should have WebStorage accounts to access the folder. The folder has Public share, Co-editing, and Publish mode.
• How to enter and use Team Folder
1. Anyone who has joined a team is able to login into WebStorage to use the functions of WebStorage for Team except the administrator dashboard.
2. After login, tap Team Folder in Space on the left side menu.
3. All team members are able to read data in the folder as well as upload data to and download data from the folder, and they also have different levels of user authorization for editing.
4. After login in, the administrator dashboard of WebStorage for Team is available by tapping Team on the upper right side of the screen.
• How to set up and use Collaboration Folder
1. After login, go to MySyncFolder on the menu and select any folder to set it up as Collaboration Folder. The procedures are introduced as below.
2. Tap the link icon to the right of the folder for sharing setting.
3. Pull the share mode menu to select Co-editing or Publish mode.
Co-editing: You can add members to the folder and set up different levels of user authorization for individual members to co-edit the folder. Co-editing enables file read only and edit, but file sharing by link sharing is unavailable.
Publish mode: You can add members to the folder and set up different levels of user authorization for individual members to co-edit the folder. Publish mode also enables read only and edit, but members can share what is in the folder with others by link sharing.
4. How set up the space of Collaboration Folder
A. Tap the gear wheel icon on the lower right side of the sharing setting page to proceed with advanced sharing setting.
B. On the screen of advanced sharing setting, select Collaboration quota to set up the space size to be shared with others.
5. How to add new members to Collaboration Folder
A. On the sharing setting page, an option of “Give permission to” under Co-editing and Publish mode and a gear wheel icon on lower right side of the page enable adding new members. Through “Give permission to” or the gear wheel icon to add new members is almost the same, but advanced sharing setting through the gear wheel icon has one more step.
B. On the screen of advanced sharing setting, select Collaborator to enter the screen of adding new members. New members’ WebStorage IDs can be added one by one, while several new members’ WebStorage IDs can be added in one go by file importing.
1. Multiple members can be also be added with their WebStorage IDs separated by commas, e.g., Stan@hotmail.com, Bill@gmail.com, Alex@msa.com, etc. Press “Creat” after inputting all their WebStorage IDs.
2. Only text file importing is supported at present.
C. After adding new members, individual members’ levels of user authorization for read only and edit can be respectively set up, and new members can be deleted one by one.
6. After setup is completed, a share icon will appear on the folder.
7. Expiration date and password setup is also available to Collaboration Folder to ensure confidentiality and security. The setup is identical to Public share; please refer to Public share.
• How to add comments to Team Folder and Collaboration Folder
Comments can be added to all the files and subfolders in Team Folder and Collaboration Folder.
1. Tap the message icon of a file or folder to add comments.
2. Tap send on the right after addition.
3. You will be informed of any new message left by any member in a folder.
After login into WebStorage, the number of unread messages will be shown and highlighted in red color in the notification center at the upper right corner of the page. Tap the number to read messages.
Notifications will also be sent to your mobile devices to keep you immediately updated on the latest status of information or coworkers’ opinions.
WebStorage for Team provides a free trial use period of 21 days and there is no need to fill in your payment information. Please register for a WebStorage for Team administrator account now to experience what is new and cool.
- Know more about WebStorage for Team