🚀Do you know how fast it is to upload or download files to/from ASUS WebStorage via FTP?
Uploading 50 Photos to the Cloud Only Takes 10 Seconds 🆚 Other cloud services need about 2 minutes. Compared with that, we are super-fast!
Downloading a Huge 10GB File Only Takes 30 Minutes 🆚 With other cloud services, it usually takes 1.5 hours. We are 3 times as fast!
You can even drag files from your NAS, your computer’s local drive, or your portable hard drive to save them to the cloud! Fast and easy!
Upload/Download Files Fast with Just 6 Steps!
⬇️First, you need to download a FTP application to your Windows computer. (In this post, we will be using FileZilla as an example.)
🔐The protocols ASUS WebStorage currently supports are: FTP, FTPS (encrypted), and SFTP (encrypted).
- Open FileZilla and click “Site Manager icon" on the top left of the screen.
- Click “New Site".
- Select a protocol: FTP, FTPS or SFTP, then enter the host in the “Host:" field, and your ASUS Cloud account in the “User:" field.
- Click “Connect", then enter your password and you’ll have logged in successfully.
- On the left side of the screen is the local site, i.e. your computer’s local directory.
On the right side is the folder directory of the ASUS WebStorage cloud.
- You can drag files from your computer’s local directory to the folders on the right to ⬆️upload them.
- To ⬇️download files, drag the files from the cloud folder to your computer’s local directory.
⭐Note: After connecting to your ASUS WebStorage cloud storage, you will see 5 cloud folders. Let us explain how you can use these 5 cloud folders in conjunction with your phone, computer, or browser.
1. MyCollections: Launch the iOS/Android ASUS WebStorage app. → Click “Settings" and enable MyCollections to preview files. (This folder does not take up device storage.)
2. Collaboration: Depending on the permissions set by the creator, members can edit or view the contents of the folder from their computer or ASUS WebStorage Website.
3. MyBackup: If you’ve enabled the backup function through the PC version of ASUS WebStorage, you can easily restore your files by downloading the file backups on the cloud via FTP to your computer.
4. MySyncFolder: If you’ve set up auto sync, you can upload or download files via FTP.
5. ProjectSpace: This is only available for ASUS WebStorage for Business. Depending on the permissions set by the creator, members can edit or view the contents of the folder from their own computer or the ASUS WebStorage Website.
⭐Note: What is the difference between using FTP, FTPS or SFTP?
1. With FTP/FTPS, you can connect to the “MyCollections" folder.
2. With SFTP, you can connect to the “MyCollections", “Collaboration", “MyBackup", “MySyncFolder" and “ProjectSpace" folders.
You can check the files you uploaded to the cloud via FTP using ASUS WebStorage Website.
Corresponding folder names on FTP and ASUS WebStorage Website.
🎅And lastly, a special offer from ASUS WebStorage: Plans with FTP features support are available HERE!
If you need help, please feel free to – 👨💻[ Contact ASUS Cloud Support ]👩💻 Or leave a message below! 👇👇👇