According to an IDC survey in 2013, smart phone apps and personal productivity apps are the two of the five cloud services that businesses need the most. Now, the mobile office service provided by WebStorage for Team exactly suits such needs and is also unprecedented in Taiwan. WebStorage for Team provides the document processing applications used in daily work, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, so that you will be able to have most of your jobs directly done on your tablet, and it is just as easy as using a PC. Edited documents can be saved back to WebStorage and accessible anytime and anywhere. WebStorage for Team amounts to your omnipresent mobile office to enhance teamwork efficiency by providing excellent cloud mobility.
Because the Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint provided by WebStorage for Team to tablets run as same as they do on any PC, we will only introduce how Word and Excel work on tablets.
● How WebStorage opens Microsoft Office document on mobile device
Non-Windows operating systems tend to suffer from format issues and/or incomplete functions when accessing Microsoft Office documents, but WebStorage Office is intended to resolve such incompatibility.
1. Android interface: Long press the file to show a function menu. At the bottom of the menu, select a type of documents (e.g., Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) to be opened (Word is the example hereafter).
2. iOS interface: Select the file to be opened to enter the preview screen of the file. Tap the icon at lower left corner of the screen to open it (Word is the example hereafter).
3. WebStorage app will automatically activate the browser of your mobile device and open the file. After the file is successfully opened, the following screen will appear and the screen is exactly the same as the interface on your PC (Word is the example hereafter).
● How to edit and modify Microsoft Office document that has been opened
◎ Microsoft Word: Several frequently-used functions of Word are introduced as below, including text input, font color and size selection, and document saving.
1. Text input: Move the cursor to where text input or editing is to start, and an “@” icon and an ”i” icon will appear at the top of the screen. Tap the “@” icon to activate a virtual keyboard to commence text input or editing.
2. Font color selection: Select the text whose color is to be changed and tap a font color provided on the toolbar to change the text color.
3. Font size selection: Select the text whose font size is to be changed and tap a font size provided on the toolbar to change the font size of the text.
4. Highlighted addition (fluorescent marker effect): Select a newly added text to be highlighted and tap a highlight color provided on the toolbar to highlight the newly added text.
5. Document saving: After a document is edited or modified, tap “Save” on the pop-up window to save the document, and the document is also immediately synchronized to WebStorage.
◎ Microsoft Excel: How to input text into Excel is the same as the preceding text input introduction, and how to add pie charts to Excel is introduced as the following.
1. Pie chart addition:
a. After opening a document, tap “Insert” on the toolbar and then select “Charts” for pie chart insertion.
b. Select your pie chart type and select the data to be included into the pie chart.
c. After confirming the data included into the pie chart are correct, tap “OK” on the pop-up window for the system to automatically generate the pie chart, and you can also adjust the chart color and tag among others based on your own needs.
2. Document saving: After a document is edited or modified, tap” Save” on the pop-up window to save the document, and the document is also immediately synchronized to WebStorage.
The user experience is exactly the same as using a PC, and you almost do not have to learn how to use it. Come experience for yourself the convenience of document editing and modifying on your mobile device anytime and anywhere.Please register for an administrator account now to enjoy a free trial use period of 21 days offered by WebStorage for Team.
- Know more about WebStorage for Team
1) The mobile office service of WebStorage for Team, due to its use scenarios and how it operates, is recommended for use on tablets.
2) The streaming technology of the service does not support offline use, and editing is subject to network stability.
3) At present, the service only supports two languages, Chinese and English.